5.07.2006

Writing Rant

2,394 words. I wrote, sculpted and proofed 2,294 words on Saturday.

Impressed? Don't be. I wrote them for a role-playing forum. I'm setting up the game world for other to play in. Nothing payable or publishible.

That bugs me. I console my gnawing innards with the balm of "I'm working out my writing process." I am. Starting from scratch, I'm relearning grammar. Instead of masturbating on the page, I'm masturbating, forming the spew into a child and infusing it with life. I hope. That's the idea.

I'm making sperm babies. Heh.

Fah, I have these flash, moments I believe. Dillusions that live long enough to walk through my chamber of self-doubting fire. They're only ghosts, specters, things of fluff and smoke.

I have to keep telling myself: this is going to be harder for me than others. I'm going to have to work harder, keep myself down to make myself strong enough to make it. I can't be weak. I can't be idealic or fanciful.

Mean. Snarling. Rough.

That's hard to do if I'm the least bit tired. Like now. I have more to write, but I'm so whipped that I can't even hold creative thoughts in my head. Like water, they dribble out my ears and down my back. I don't even get to see them.

A friend said I'm too hard on myself. If not me, then who will be? Time passes in a blink of an eye. I can't wait for good fortune to come find me in time. At least, I have to meet her halfway, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home